19 May 2008

Mighty chunk of noise

I finally caved in to the inevitable and got myself a basic Audible account. Turns out the UK version of the site doesn't have nearly as many titles (including Spook Country! why not!!??) but I still got a free book. My choice: Joseph Heller's 1961 novel Catch 22. Makes me laugh out loud at times.

If my finances agree, I predict I'll do a LOT of reading this way this summer. Was getting mighty sick of tech and news podcasts. Any recommendations, any book at all, will be much appreciated.

3 comments:

Kris-Stella said...

You have read 1984, right? In that vein, I also liked "Down and out in Paris and London" (also Orwell).

psique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

yep, read both. liked 1984 when i read it but then i read animal farm and realized both polemics have the moral depth of a bag of rice. down and out still rocks though.

they don't have either of those three! this US-only aspect of audible is really aggravating.